Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cool baby knits

It's been a long time since I posted. During that time I got pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl! She is so beautiful and sweet, and being only 3 months old, she wears what I put on her, which includes lots of cute baby knits.












The Debbie Bliss ribbed sweater she is wearing was knit by my mother. I made a matching beret.


I had never knit baby things before, call me superstitious or whatever, but I figured if i had a big Rubbermaid container full of cute baby knits I would never have children. I know plenty of knitters who learned on baby stuff, makes sense, it's small and you can practice a technique and the baby will only wear it twice anyway, and doesn't care if there are a bunch of mistakes




I was excited to knit cool edgy baby stuff, like the OpArt blanket
It's cool because:
A. it's baby blanket and the perfect size
B. It can be for a girl or boy so you can start knitting early
C. the baby can actually see this pattern, and she spends time staring, it helps visual development,
D. it looks cool lying around my family room and draped on my super cool stroller.

AND have you seen the cool versions on Ravelry?!? There is this beautiful rainbow hand dyed one... it's awesome. I did the standard black and white, which is boring, but as mentioned above looks good on the stroller an in the house while being functional.

I used Berroco Comfort yarn, (Chalk and Licorice) it's very soft and squishy, it washes very well, the black did not bleed. I made a size that is halfway between the posted sizes, basically I weighed the yarn and went as big as I possibly could with the amount I bought.

The baby girl calls... more cool knits later.

No comments: