Saturday, September 10, 2011

Farmer's Wife week 15

IMG_0073.jpg


These blocks were a BLAST to make.  Such a nice break from the super difficult blocks from the past.

I love that I get to use the fabrics from my Summer Sampler, now that it's complete, they are fair game!

IMG_0074.jpg


My goal for the Farmer's Wife Sampler is to use lots of scraps from other quilts, and only a few fabrics purchased expressly for it.  My reasoning is that since this quilt will be taking a year, I want it have bits and pieces from everything I worked on.  It's going to be a big jumble of colors when I'm done and I have no idea about assembly yet but I'm sure it will all pull together in the end.  So far I'm thinking that a traditional layout will not work, and to try something different.

I am very excited to say I'm going on vacation tomorrow!  Next posts should be from the Outer Banks, NC.  From the beach!  Hooray!  No quilting, but I have some other crafty things in mind... 

Have a great weekend everyone. 

1 comment:

suemac said...

Hope you have a nice vacation.