Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fun with Perspective

One of the things that makes knitting so much fun is color. Sometimes I enjoy lively and vivid creations, but sometimes i just want something mellow. I just saw the newest sock color at blue moon fiber arts, Sun Kissed Sand, totally beautiful and so mellow on this the 4th rainy day in a row. I am almost back on the beach in Maui... *sigh*

I am currently knitting the 2008 Rocking Sock club May shipment, the color is "incredible shrinking violet" and the pattern is Cleopatra's Stockings. It's a vivid purple reminiscent of the violets that will be coming out of the ground soon. The pattern is pretty, but lacking in alot of direction. Luckily I have done a number of socks from Cat Bordhi's book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters, this book really teaches the sock knitter about a sock goes together, and those vague patterns never seem vague again.

Next up will be frogging and reworking my Net Duffel from the Spring Interweave Knits! My kitty Ginger is helping.

No comments: