Thursday, June 2, 2011

Circle Top!

It's been a very busy week, I have a 10mo old and she is a busy busy bee!! 

Anyway I did manage to get the top of this quilt finished, and I ordered some snazzy fabric for the back.  I haven't decided on binding yet, but I am looking forward to quilting this. 

I actually cut out all the 6" white squares, I NEVER do this, seems so pointless to cut out and sew back together solid fabric.  This time I felt it would give me way more flexibility for the final quilt pattern.  It is still in development, but I'm getting antsy to get started.  I totally got the hang of the applique, and it was actually pretty fun!  My machine doesn't have blanket stitch, so I used zig-zag... It looks good.

The final design is perfectly symmetrical.  See you can take the graph paper away from the girl.. but she will then just make her fabric into graph paper...   I have not made a single drawing, so my challenge to myself on this quilt is still holding.

Tomorrow I am going to a quilt expo.  I have no idea what this will entail, but I'm hoping there will be pretty quilts to see lots of cheap fat quarters to buy!  I will probably post about that and show my new wares. :)

No comments: