Thursday, July 28, 2011

Swoon!

My mother and I have been quilting!  It has been so much fun.  This is my mothers FIRST attempt at patchwork quilting.  FIRST.  I am not exaggerating.   I helped with the cutting, but she picked the Denise Schmidt Picnic's and Fairgrounds and put this together.  The sashing is Kona bone.

She credits her success to the instructions which were crazy good.  If you like this quilt, go get yourself the pattern here, and the fabric here!

I personally think it looks amazing and am ridiculously excited to get it quilted up.  I'm going to do straight line quilting, nothing too fancy because the quilt itself is amazing.  I will be showing my Mom how... and I betcha she'll do a significant portion!!

My husband the helpful quilt stylist!

Wait until you see the back!  Basically it's nice enough to be another top.  My mom just whipped it up..... :)

No comments: