Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Farmer's Wife Week 8

So I have realized in my sampler endeavors that I am a sloppy cutter.  I do a terrible job making my pieces exact, thereby making the entire project have problems. (think cascading math error)  I realized this as I was being super careful with my Summer Sampler quilt, If i put 3x as much time and effort into cutting out little pieces I was getting WAY better blocks.  As a result, my blocks over there look a heck of alot better than the more difficult blocks in this quilt along.

This is evident.  My first block this week was done before I was being extra careful, the second after.  The difference is amazing!  It could also be that block 16 was a relief from the really hard blocks like 13, 14 and 15.

Block 15
Block 16

This QAL is only a little over 10% done, at least for those of us who want to make a king sized blanket (which I'll admit, I'm going to try).  Unbelievable!  I can't imagine what this is going to look like!

No comments: