Saturday, July 30, 2011

Farmer's Wife Week 9

Well.  Here is my first attempt at paper pieced blocks.  I think there was some user error on my part, because they both were 4.5" square... I think files did not print out large enough.  I will do checking against the templates next time I try and do this.

This was also my first attempt at Y-seams.  Ugh.  I am not good at them.

So 18 down, 93 to go!




I need to keep in mind that I just started to learn to quilt.  When I first started to knit my stuff was TERRIBLE.  It never saw the light of day.  Now my knit stuff is fantastic, if I do say so myself.  So I've been knitting for about nine years... and the last three were when stuff was good enough to wear and looked store bought.  So I need to be patient, continue to work on my technique and have fun :)

No comments: