Friday, November 12, 2010

UGH!! - Riff Socks

I have easily knit 50 pairs of socks in my life.  I love knitting socks.  Patterns do not get the best of me...

Well.  I have run into my first roadblock.  I have successfully knit the foot and my increases for the instep were perfect and the sizing was good.  I turned the heel and all was well.  Then you are required to count back 32 rows so when you complete the heel it matches the pattern on the instep and you can make this beautiful twisted stitch pattern that meets.

WELL i counted 34 rows back.  Then tried to horribly patch it up so that I didn't have to rip it all out.
Fail Fail Fail.

It's all frogged to the instep now, and I will do the heel again.  Correctly :)

This blog totally kept me honest. I will feel better then the socks are knit correctly.

I feel a little bad judging this yarn, but it's still splitting and did not rip out all that nicely, it is spectacular in color and softness.  My husband has already commented that he wants a pair that does this beautiful ombre business.  Normally he likes things in earth tones so this is huge.  Anyway give the yarn a chance.

Pictures to follow when there is something to show.

No comments: