Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Farmer's Wife Week 16 and 17

Well here we are again, another week and another pair of blocks.  I really enjoy making them.  My goals now are to make pairs of blocks that somewhat coordinate, but from week to week they really can have nothing to do with each other.

IMG_0258.jpg

I have seen some sets of blocks where people are using a very finite set of fabric and their blocks all coordinate and look fantastic, these aren't those types of blocks :)

IMG_0251.jpg


 This is my favorite block so far!  what's funny is, I try and use a rotary cutter to cut out the small squares, it's fast and they are more accurate than the templates, EXCEPT when I cut them all out the wrong size.  Which I did with this block, and see that pretty darker purple color, well I didn't have enough fabric to make 8 more squares, so I had to make some changes, but it looks great and I'm so proud.

I'll post a big group shot next week. 

2 comments:

CaliQuilter said...

I love this block! Your color choices are great.

quirky granola girl said...

yummy brights! awesome job.